JobID 183 : Middle School Assistant Track Coach (#376241)
Platte Valley Middle School-Assistant Track Coach Job Description
- Two years of experience as a Track participant or coach.
- Knowledge of effective coaching techniques, skills, rules, and applicable drills.
- Knowledge of the sport, strategies and working relationships with student-athletes.
Reports to and evaluated by: Head Track Coach and Athletic Director.
Job Goal: To promote a middle school Track program in which the student can excel to his/her full potential while competing in an atmosphere that adds to his/her total education including his/her physical well-being, moral character and social and mental development.
Essential Duties & Performance Responsibilities:
- Supports the coordination of the Track program at the Middle School level.
- Support a practice program to provide both individual and team development as directed by the head coach.
- Instructs student-athletes on sport knowledge, rules and techniques.
- Assesses student-athlete skills, monitors student-athletes during competition and practice.
- Supports in maintaining equipment supplies and uniforms as directed by the head coach.
- Acts as a liaison for the Middle School Track program to the staff, administration, high school Track program and public.
- Supports plans, including but not limited to set up, tear down, etc. (with support of athletic director).
- Maintains professional growth through attendance of coaching clinics and conferences.
- Supports coordination for the actions of managers and event support.
- Models sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards student-athletes, officials, parents and spectators.
- Assists the head coach with tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility, emergency cards and other related records.
- Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as the AD, Principal, Superintendent and/or the board may assign.
Terms of Employment: For duration of approved athletic season, pending background check.
Evaluation: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the board’s policy on evaluation of coaching personnel.