JobID 103 : Bus Driver (#376238)
Title: Route Operator
1. High School Diploma required.
2. Possess or acquire and maintain at least class B CDL license with P2S and Air Brake endorsements.
3. Be a minimum of 21 years of age as required by the Colorado Department of Education.
4. Possess or acquire a valid Standard First Aid card or higher.
5. Have on file in the Administration Office proof of a physical examination as required for a CDL Driver's License.
6. Must submit to mandatory random drug and alcohol testing.
Terms of Employment:
1. Notice of Assignment shall be for 9 months and according to the school calendar.
2. Compensation and leave benefits will be according to the adopted Classified Salary Schedule.
3. Those new to the district are required to have a physical examination and go through a background check as per board policy.
Reports to: Business Services Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Route Operator shall perform duties necessary to ensure safe and responsible operation of the school bus including driving, student discipline, updated student and route records, October 1 count records, and activity trip records.
2. The Route Operator shall perform a pre/post-trip inspection of assigned bus and report any maintenance needs to the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor immediately.
3. The Route Operator shall be responsible for the cleanliness of the interior of the assigned bus and/or suburban at all times.
4. The Route Operator shall report all route hazards to the Transportation Director.
5. The Route Operator shall comply with all state regulations governing the operation of a school transportation vehicle and district policy if it is more stringent.
6. The Route Operator shall comply with district regulations as specified in the "Route Operator and Activity Handbook" provided by the District.
7. The Route Operator must have all driving credentials current and in his/her possession while operating a bus or suburban.
8. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Business Services Director.