Job | Posted 2 months ago
Position Purpose: The job of Preschool Para educator was established for the purpose/s of organizing and directing developmentally appropriate activities for three to five year old participants; preparing and serving snacks; providing assistance with homework; assisting in the implementation of student Individualized Education Plans; and assisting in maintaining a clean and safe learning environment for students.
- Assists participants (e.g.. diapering, toilet training, feeding, etc.) for the purpose of addressing personal care needs.
- Assists the site supervisor and/or teacher with lesson planning and/or developmentally appropriate activities by workings with individual or small groups of children (e.g.. social skills, art, music, science, language, nutrition, playground, washing hands, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Communicates with school staff (e.g.. teacher, principal, office personnel, maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information required to perform job functions.
- Distributes instructional and/or play materials for the purpose of providing required supplies.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; proving written reference; providing a safe learning environment; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g.. snack time, group or individual centers, playground activities, quiet time, transitions, classroom, etc) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Organizes quiet or active, developmentally appropriate indoor and/or outdoor activities for the purpose of actively participating in eh learning activities with children.
- Prepares nutritional snacks, etc. for the purpose of complying with established guidelines.
- Responds to inquires from a variety of sources for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information to other sources.
- Transfers children directly from/to parents or designee (e.g.. buses, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safety of children and meeting District requirements.
- Assist guidance, pupil services staff or building administration, as needed
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records; operate standard office equipment including pertinent software applications.
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Ability to work outdoors during outdoor student activities.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School Graduate
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
*24 hrs per week, Equal pay
Support Professional Employee's Salary Schedule: Level E1
Position is contigent on grant funding
Not Benefit eligible
Tooele County School District
92 Lodestone Way , Tooele, UT 840748050
At the following locations
Grantsville Elementary School
50 South Park Street , Grantsville, UT 84029