Social Development Specialist
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Carol Cabanillas, Associate Director, at (385)-646-7483 or email email@example.com
ONE YEAR ONLY POSITION - 2 positions available. Preference may be given to Spanish and or Arabic speaking candidates. The assigned location will be at Cottonwood High school.
|Job Title||Social Development Specialist|
|Department||Prevention & Student Placement|
|Supervisor||Director / Associate Director|
|Last Review Date||May 2021|
Case manage K-12 students using the Check & Connect Program. This individual will work with students who exhibit risk factors that directly corollate with negative outcomes (gangs, drugs, delinquency, antisocial behaviors etc.) Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Meet with school administrators and student support teams to discuss student needs and progress.
- Meet with case managed students weekly to review attendance, behavior, and course work progress/goals.
- Meet with parents to inform them of the Check and Connect Program and engage them in the student’s progress.
- Work with families on truancy and attendance goals including conducting home visits.
- Gather, analyze, and report data related to attendance, behavior, and course work for case managed students.
- Teach the 5th grade Choose Gang Free prevention curriculum.
- Train and coordinate with part-time Check and Connect Mentors.
- Travel to schools required and mileage reimbursement will be offered.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed (Windows, Google Drive, Microsoft Office)
- Ability to keep consistent and accurate documentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time constraints.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Must attend required trainings including, but not limited to, Check & Connect Mentor, Gang Prevention and Intervention Grant, Granite Data System.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current valid Utah driver’s license
Assigned Decision Making
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish assigned tasks. Must take directions well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions. Concerns for safety of self and others
Interactions with Others
Positive interaction of students, teachers, administrators, support staff and supervisors.
Submit supply requests to the program coordinator.
Work setting is mainly in the classroom setting. May be asked to work inside and outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather. May experience stress from disruptive students and/or groups of students.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.