Custodian - Roving (Hourly)
Job | Posted 17 days ago
Custodian - Roving (Hourly)
Lane 12 Hourly
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $20.77-25.54 Depending on qualifications and experience
- Name: Josh Bezzant
- Phone: 801-610-8060
- Email: email@example.com
the performance of their assignments; and ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
- Assists with site snow removal for the purpose of ensuring access and safety to students, staff and visitors.
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, grounds, walkways, fence lines, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe, and attractive environment.
- Conducts and/or participates in a variety of training and drills with students and staff (e.g. fire, intruder, earthquake, health and safety, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that emergency procedures are in order, alarm systems are operational,and/or established procedures are effective.
- Consults with administrative personnel (e.g. principal, assistant principal, etc.) for the purpose of planning, prioritizing, and scheduling custodial activities and achieving site maintenance objectives.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to the appropriate parties within site.
- Distributes custodial supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops, buckets, brooms, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating materials to custodial staff and/or storage locations.
- Informs students and other site personnel (e.g. principals, teachers, secretaries, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding activities, safety issues, and/or proper maintenance of facilities and/or equipment.
- Inspects facilities and components (e.g. fire suppression equipment, boilers, playground equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, identifying necessary repairs to facilities and/or equipment.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of custodial items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Monitors activities in and around work areas (e.g. halls, multipurpose rooms, lunch rooms, restrooms, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of identifying and correcting issues that could cause injuries thereby ensuring site safety.
- Oversees facility maintenance activities and assigned custodial personnel (e.g. custodians, sweepers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring functions are performed efficiently in compliance with site requirements and established standards.
- Performs minor job-related maintenance on custodial equipment, classroom furniture, and fixtures (e.g. change vacuum cleaner belts and bags; change HVAC filters; grease machinery; change ballasts; hang whiteboards; install fixtures; perform equipment maintenance and minor repairs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items.
- Performs summer maintenance (e.g. stripping/waxing floors, moving furniture, painting, etc.) for the purpose of completing and or facilitating summer construction and/or annual facility upkeep.
- Prepares site for daily operations (e.g. opening gates, raising flags, sweeping walkways, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and hazard free.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. supply requisitions, safety inspections, work orders, inventory records, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or relating activities to administration for action.
- Replenishes classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. paper products, soap, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns during and after hours (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Secures facilities and grounds (e.g. doors, gates, alarms, lights, etc.) for the purpose of minimizing property damage/vandalism, equipment loss, and/or potential liability.
- Trains assigned personnel for the purpose of developing professional trade and safety awareness skills enabling them to execute their jobs according to district policies and expectations.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment, supplies, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is required.