Job | Posted 23 days ago
Interpreter - Hearing Impaired
Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 7
Hourly rate: Based on Experience and Certification
- Name: Peter Clarke
- Phone: 801-610-8205
- Email: email@example.com
- Attends Individual Education Program meetings with assigned student(s) for the purpose of providing necessary input into the evaluation of students' progress and/or implementing/modifying students' objectives through the conversion of conversation to ASL.
- Provides sign to voice for hearing impaired student(s) with limited speech for the purpose of facilitating classroom instruction of the hearing impaired student(s).
- Other Functions Adapts classroom work under the direction of the teacher for the purpose of providing a method to support and/or reinforce lesson plans to assigned students.
- Assesses classroom, assembly hall, and other room setups for hearing impaired students (e.g. noise level, visibility, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper setup to facilitate hearing impaired students' learning.
- Attends inservice meetings for the purpose of obtaining information and upgrading classroom skills necessary for the successful educational process for deaf or hard of hearing students.
- Facilitates under supervision, first aid and assistance to medically fragile children (e.g. tube feeding, toileting, diapering, etc, etc.) for the purpose of providing required care for assigned students.
- Interprets subject specific tests and skill assessments under the guidance of a classroom teacher or resource teacher for the purpose of evaluating students' language ability and subject proficiency.
- Monitors student activities (e.g. classroom, lunch, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students.
- Provides ASL interpretation for group meetings for the purpose of providing content understanding to hearing impaired participants.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- UIP State Certification