School Secretary (CC: 6907) (FTE1.0)
TITLE: School Secretary
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform a wide variety of secretarial and clerical duties for Administrative personnel, teachers and support staff assigned to a school.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Answers inquiries and disseminates information to visitors, staff, students and parents either on the phone or in person.
- Composes and types memos and other correspondence. Prepares reports, calendars, programs, brochures and other documents.
- Maintains, submits and receives purchase orders and invoices. Maintains classroom and staff supplies.
- Prepares paperwork for substitute teachers and assists in placing substitutes in classrooms or splitting classes when required.
- Maintains staff attendance and personnel files. Coordinates time sheets and payroll procedures.
- Submits work orders to the district.
- Interprets or translates when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Knowledge of office management principles and practices.
Knowledge of customer service techniques.
Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in interpreting and translating.
Skill in performing mathematical computations.
Skill in maintaining confidential information.
Skill in composing memos, letters, reports and other documents.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with co-workers, parents and others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma and two (2) years office experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the required knowledge and skills. Bilingual preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None.