Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) Teacher
Job Title: Classroom Teacher
Credentials: Current Oklahoma Teaching Certificate with endorsements for the appropriate level/subject area.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field from College/university recognized by State Board of Education.
Training or experience required: None required for this position.
Reports to: Building Principal
Contract: 182 days
Salary Schedule: Certified Salary Schedule.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Possess a broad scope and knowledge of subject matter and is acquainted with recent developments in teaching of the subject; participate in and contribute to curriculum development programs, as required.
- Understand and apply the principles of child development as related to physical, intellectual, emotional and social growth.
- Understands and uses a variety of strategies to facilitate learning and provides many opportunities for participation by all students.
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences that effectively utilize the available time for instruction.
- Define objectives, which contribute to attainment of district and site objectives and adjusts for individual and group differences in the formulation of those goals.
- Relate objectives, involve all learners, explain directions, adjust based on monitoring, guide practice, establishes closure, and demonstrates desired skill.
- Make assignments related to objectives and arrange for differentiated assignments to meet the needs and abilities of students,
- Evaluate students' academic growth fairly and impartially, utilizing standardized tests, as well as teacher designed assessments. Administer group-standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Keep appropriate and accurate records and prepares reports relating to students' progress. Identify students' needs. Cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Organize classroom routine to minimize classroom disciplinary problems. Handle all but the most serious classroom disciplinary problems him/herself. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a positive functional learning atmosphere in the classroom without negatively impacting other classrooms.
- Be familiar with, and abide by, all district policies and procedures.Be familiar with and teach adopted courses of study. Select and use appropriate materials to facilitate teaching and learning of the adopted curriculum.
- Maintain building, equipment and supplies in the best possible condition and promote those same attitudes in students.
- Establish rapport with students and provides a pleasant safe and orderly climate conducive to learning.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities. Meet the district requirement for professional development activities.
- Supervise students during out of class times in the course of the workday.
- Carry out designated share of extracurricular school activities.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical attitudes toward the district, the school, employees, and the public.
- Demonstrate emotional maturity, initiative and self-reliance. Solve problems. Respond to criticism in a constructive manner.
- Develop and maintain open communication. Work cooperatively with administrators, colleagues, students, and parents. Share ideas, materials, and space. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students' progress and interpret the school program.
- Demonstrate good judgment in decision making.
- Participate in site school improvement planning and faculty committees.
- Participate and work on a team with other site educators.
- Assist special education students with academic, social and personal needs, as outlined in Individual Education Plans.
- Keep required records in an efficient and legible manner
- Present a professional appearance appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- Display knowledge and understanding of multicultural issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the principal.
- Perform teaching and reporting requirements identified as part of state and federally funded programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Successful performance of the job requires good customer service/people skills and to handle problems and provide information and technical assistance as requested. It requires complying with safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to staff or to students. It requires following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns for staff. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving are critical to the success of the position.Help manage the computerization of school district operations. Provide training and support to district staff in the use of administrative computer systems. Perform such tasks to the ultimate benefit of the educational program. An incumbent in this position will utilize discretion, ingenuity and independent judgment due to the complexity of the job. Since there may be several ways to solve a problem, an incumbent is free to choose the solution. This is not an exhaustive list and that reasonable accommodations will be made as needed.