San Carlos Unified School District #20
Office of Human Resources
P.O. Box 207, San Carlos, Arizona 85550
Phone (928) 475-2315 Fax (928) 475-2301
Mission: We exist to educate and empower students to become culturally responsive, global Nn'ee
Vision: We will become an effective student focused learning community graduating culturally confident citizens.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 590
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, and age or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons. San Carlos Unified School District Governing Board Policy No. GBA. San Carlos Schools does recognize Native American Preference in Employment.
- Experience which demonstrates aptitude for successful fulfillment of assigned performance responsibilities and at least one year of custodian experience.
- May need to provide a physical to certify ability to perform duties.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must pass background investigation and obtain Az. Dept. of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance
- Must have valid Driver's License.
REPORTS TO: Middle School Principal
JOB GOALS: To provide staff with a safe, attractive, comfortable and clean environment in which to work and develop.
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and areas neat and clean.
- Regulates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Checks daily to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
- Raises the United States flag each day if assigned this duty. Takes down the flag at the end of each working day.
- Sweeps or vacuums rooms on a daily basis and does other custodial chores such as cleaning chalkboards and trays, dusting, cleaning of sinks and toilets. The custodian is responsible to see that hand towels and toilet tissue are in ready supply at all times.
- Cleans corridors after each day and during the day when their condition requires it.
- Scrubs, hoses down and disinfects toilet floors daily. Cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
- Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year.
- Keeps the grounds free of rubbish.
- Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition.
- Makes minor building repairs.
- Reports major repairs needed promptly to the Supervisor.
- Reports immediately to the Supervisor/Principal any damage to school property.
- Remains on the school premises during school hours and non-school hours when the use of the building has been authorized and his attendance is required by the supervisor or principal.
- Assumes the responsibility for the opening and closing of the buildings each school day. Makes sure that all windows, gates, and doors are locked before leaving his assigned area.
- Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep and repair in his assigned area.
- Moves furniture or equipment within building as required for various activities and as directed by the supervisor or principal.
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and Waste materials.
- Conducts periodic inspections and tests of all electrical systems in the school to ensure their safe condition.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve (12) Month
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on Evaluation of Personnel.
Please apply online at scbraves.net - go to Department - Human Resources, then to Applitrak our online application system. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Personnel Director at (928) 475-2315, Ext. 1411.