Computer Technician I
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN I
Hiring Pay Range: $17.93 - $19.03 per hour, DOE
FTE 1.0 40 hours per week
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (includes 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
233 paid work days per year
Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Location: Canyon View Elementary School
Start Date: ASAP
Under direction of an administrator or Information Systems department personnel perform work of moderate difficulty maintaining computer hardware and software in a school.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a complete listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this job class.)
- Install, maintain, configure, troubleshoot, repair and secure computer system hardware, peripherals and software.
- Implement and test new software applications. Create software images for site-specific software.
- Provide support for students, teachers and staff for desktop and application software.
- Create and setup new user accounts and reset passwords.
- Supply students, teachers and staff with district standards and policies regarding technology.
- Maintain work order, inventory and usage records system.
- Order parts and supplies.
- Track software licenses.
- Dispose of old/unused technology hardware according to district guidelines.
- Prepare written documentation to assist with technology use.
Set up and maintain all computers at assigned school. Administer the local area network and connections to the wide area network. Perform regular server backups.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of Apple/Macintosh computers, peripherals, parts and supplies
- Knowledge of computer software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and special educational programs
- Knowledge of computer network administration, including access rights
- Ability to interpret regulations, laws and policies
- Skill in maintaining computer networks
- Skill in training students, teachers and staff in using computer hardware and software
- Skill in communicating technical information effectively, orally and in writing
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, administrators and students
- Skill in utilizing word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
Minimum Required Qualifications:
High School diploma or GED and one (1) year of experience maintaining multiple computers in a network environment.
Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity Policy
CFSD is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to sex (which includes a prohibition against sexual harassment as described in the District’s policy concerning sexual harassment), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, age, or disability.