School Assistant Principal Pool (includes Assistant Principal, Assistant Principal of Curriculum and Assistant Principal of Discipline)
Assistant School Principal ( Assistant Principal (HS only), Assistant Principal of Discipline (MS and HS only), Assistant Principal of Curriculum (Elementary and Secondary)
Under the general supervision of a school principal, to assist the Principal in providing leadership and supervision in administering the educational program of a school in order to promote the educational development and achievement of students in accordance with Collier County School Board policies, administrative procedures, rules and regulations, and applicable law.
- Assists in the development and administration of school programs consistent with District goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff with regard to the ongoing evaluation and improvement of educational programs, including curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Promotes a school environment that is safe and conducive to individualized instruction, cooperative curriculum development, and student learning.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Encourages staff to continue to grow professionally and to experiment with new approaches or strategies to teaching.
- Assists in coordinating the work of school staff and District program leaders to develop and implement instructional programs and teaching practices.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and works with teaching staff to modify instructional methods to fit students' needs, including students with special needs.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of employees, the proper maintenance of employee personnel files, the administration of collective bargaining agreements, corrective action, and other human resource issues.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct and attendance conforms with the District's standards and District policies.
- Supervises and evaluates teaching staff and other building employees in accordance with the District's evaluation plan, and makes recommendations regarding goals, areas needing improvement and continued employment.
- Assists in the budgetary and financial affairs of the school consistent with District policies.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Educational Leadership or related field
- Minimum of five years of full-time experience in a certificated position.
- Florida Certification in Educational Leadership or School Principal.
- Extensive successful teaching experience with a minimum of five (5) years full time school experience in a certificated position or a District position
- Completed or updated online administrative application
- Letter of Interest
- Evaluations from the last three (3) years (2018-2019, 2020-2021, 2021-2022 - due to COVID implications we are not accepting 2019-2020 evaluations)
- *Writing Sample (questions embedded in application can be uploaded to the application as a PDF form to allow for accuracy of information shared), * note in the question box to refer to the uploaded document.
- Two (2) professional references within the last two (2) years (24 months) ~ written ~ one being from current supervisor with an original signature and date on letterhead
*Review the attached HRMD guidelines for insight into the assistant principal pool process.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Alma Tello, 377-0344, HRMD@collierschools.com.
FLSA Status: Exempt