Occupational Therapist- 2622 Phoenix
Job | Posted 2 months ago
|The Occupational Therapist is part of the related services providers and evaluates students referred for occupational therapy as a result of observation, record review, or multidisciplinary staffing.|
Additional responsibilities include: planning Occupational Therapy programs for individual students; writing IEP goals and implementing programs through the IEP process; conferring with Teachers, Teaching Parents, and parents on the therapy plans for students; maintaining Occupational Therapy records and disseminating information to parents and professionals relevant to student progress and occupational therapy needs; training staff in techniques and principles of therapy; maintaining current information about community resources relevant to occupational therapy; serving as a resource to medical and educational staff.
Participates in the MIPS (Medicaid in Public Schools) as directed.
Position will be responsible for some or all of the listed duties and/or additional duties that occur from time to time.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion/Graduation from Accredited Occupational Therapy Program
- State of Arizona Occupational Therapist License
- National Board of Occupation Therapy Examiners Certified Occupational Therapist
- AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card
- AHCCCS number for Medicaid billing within four months of hire.
- Policies, procedures, and programs of the immediate work unit
- Principles and practices of administration and management
- Agency or program rules, regulations and operating procedures
- Principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Federal and State statutes, policies, and procedures related to occupational therapy
DEMONSTRATED SKILL/ABILITY TO:
- Ability to communicate in sign language or willingness to learn
- Write comprehensive reports and communicate verbally
Benefit eligible employees are automatically covered for basic life, non-smokers, accidental death and dismemberment and seat belt insurance.
Benefit eligible employees are automatically enrolled in the State’s retirement plan and long-term disability (LTD) program. Enrollment is mandatory and is subject to a 26-week waiting period before initial enrollment. Employees may also choose to participate in a deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. Benefit Options also offer Employee Self-Service, Wellness, Tuition Discount, Travel Reduction, Auto & Home Insurance and Purchase Discount Programs. CONTACT INFORMATION For more information contact the Recruiter at: HumanResources.Recruitment@asdb.az.gov
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Recruiter. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
AZ State School for the Deaf and Blind
PO Box 88510 , Tucson, AZ 85754
At the following locations
School for the Deaf-Phoenix
7654 North 19th Avenue , Phoenix, AZ 85021