Bus Driver (CC:5657 )(FTE:1.0)
Isaac School District
TITLE: Bus Driver
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To transport children to and from school or other locations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Transport students to and from school and related activities as dictated by the activity.
- Assist students with safety belts and getting on and off the bus safely as needed.
- Maintains good student conduct on the bus.
- Records violations of the student code and submit to school office.
- Inspects the bus and related equipment, reports concerns or unsafe conditions to the vehicle maintenance personnel. Follows regulations for breakdowns and/or emergencies.
- Ensures the bus is clean and operating correctly on a routine daily basis.
- Completes daily-required paperwork accurately.
- Ability to work a split shift/flexible hours. Available for other required duties such as field trips and activity trips (day and evening) as needed.
- Ability to work in extreme desert temperatures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledge of general safety rules and techniques.
Knowledge of First Aid and CPR.
Knowledge of district rules of conduct.
Knowledge of safe driving techniques.
Knowledge of commercial driving requirements and rules.
Knowledge of local, state, and federal policies and laws relative to pupil transportation.
Knowledge of the principles of transportation of special needs students.
Skill in driving commercial vehicles.
Skill in performing First Aid and CPR.
Skill in monitoring and correcting student behavior.
Skill in communicating orally and in writing.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a High School diploma or GED. Bilingual preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Class B Commercial Driver’s License, Passenger and School Bus Endorsement, School Bus Certification, and C.P.R. and First Aid.