JobID 830 : Master Plumber (#370705)
Job | Posted 9 days ago
261 work day calendar
Starting: $23.46/hr (Actual Salary will be based on skills, competencies, and like experience)
- Obtain state plumbing permits, maintain, install, replace and repair all plumbing fixtures, mixing valves, water distribution systems, drains, waste and vent systems and repair or replace back flow preventers.
- Maintain, install, replace and repair equipment in hot water systems, rebuild re-circulation pumps, motor replacement, repair gas systems including valves and regulators, boiler controls and safety devices and swimming pool equipment.
- Coordinate required state inspections, supervise all plumbing work, inspect contract work to ensure compliance with state plumbing and building codes, safety codes and accepted industry practice.
- Estimate, order, and pick up materials needed.
- Repair clogs in sewers, sinks, toilets, and water coolers.
- Implement and maintain the District Cross Connection Control Program with City of Colorado Springs including yearly inspections, repair, replacement, and documentation. (Back Flow Prevention)
- Recommend and support projects and equipment in need of funding consideration.
- Instruct maintenance and custodial personnel in the proper methods and procedures involved in minor plumbing maintenance and repair.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Install, inspect, recommend, maintain, modify, operate and repair various types of plumbing equipment and systems including water, gas, drain, waste and vent and hot water systems.
- This position acts as a technical resource to Building Engineers regarding proper methods and procedures required in minor plumbing maintenance and repair.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus post-secondary courses equivalent to one year of college toward attaining a Journeyman Plumber License.
- 3 years experience in the plumbing trade.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License
- Colorado Master Plumber License and Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification required at hire.
- Basic knowledge of local and state building and safety codes.
- Ability to operate pipe threaders, sewer cleaning machines, and various testing instruments required at hire.
Must apply online at www.hsd2.org and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.
Harrison School District No. 2
1060 HARRISON ROAD, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80905-3586
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415