Interim Substitute - Lang Arts High
Interim Substitute Teachers maintain our students' academic progress by facilitating lesson plans during a teacher's short-term leave of absence. The interim substitute teacher assumes all of the responsibilities of the classroom teacher for the duration of the assignment. Interim Substitute Teachers must maintain a consistent volume of high quality instruction with accuracy and professionalism.
Must be approved as a substitute teacher with Broward County Public Schools.
Florida Educator Certification in the subject area of the vacancy is preferred.
Hourly Rate: Bachelor's or higher = $32.31; 60 credit hours = $20.00
Complete the online application and upload all documents. If you submitted an online application through our current online process then you must sign into your application and choose "Edit" to select the "Interim Substitute" vacancy.
Prior to submitting your application, you will be required to attach the documents listed below. Therefore, you will need to have the documents scanned and available for you to upload and attach them to your on-line application.
- Transcript from an accredited college showing at least 60 semester hours of completed course work, and
- Required letters of references, minimum of two. References must be signed and dated. One reference must be from the candidate’s last employer or cooperating teacher (for education graduates). Each reference should be scanned separately and individually upload
Substitute Teacher Training On-Boarding Course.
- Upload Sub Diploma certificate for the STEDI SubSkills Online Training Course
- The STEDI SubSkills Online Training Course - Option This course will provide you with valuable knowledge, skills, and materials that will empower you to be successful in the classroom. (ONLY exempt candidates: 2021-2022 cleared Broward Public Schools Substitute or a Transition Kelly Substitute.)
- There is a cost associated with this training of $39.95 and will be the responsibility of the applicant. This cost will not be reimbursed by Broward County Public Schools.
- This training will cover: Classroom management; teaching strategies; special education and other information you’ll need to know to become a stellar substitute teacher, from legal aspects of the job to how to handle confrontational behavior from students.
- Transcript from an accredited college showing at least 60 semester hours of completed course work