Coordinator of Instructional Technology and Personalized Learning
Coordinator for Instructional Technology & Personalized Learning
FLSA Status: Exempt
Grade: 3, Administrative Salary Schedule
Revision Date: 11/18/2022
Location: Central Office
The Coordinator for Instructional Technology & Personalized Learning is a member of the Instructional Technology staff within the Department of Information Technology. The position provides leadership and direction for 21st-century learning through innovative use of technology, learner access and use of digital information, and innovative practices and research. The Coordinator collaborates with building administrators, technology, Curriculum and Instruction, Student Services, and other departments within WJCC to integrate technology and innovation into the WJCC curriculum. The Coordinator develops and leads professional development for faculty and staff to support consistent use of digital resources and innovation in the classroom. The Coordinator supervises WJCC
virtual teachers in the Virtual Learning Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches and maintains current knowledge of innovative and future trends in PK-12 instructional practice.
- Coordinates and initiates implementation and support of all digital resource integration practices across the school division.
- Leads the development and expansion of all K-12 online learning programs through Learning Management Systems and other identified platforms.
- Provides professional development to expand the capacity of the faculty and staff to support innovation and personalized learning.
- Leads sharing of best practice of Digital Citizenship for all division stakeholders
- Collaborates with the Departments of Technology and Curriculum and Instruction and principals to identify digital resources, equipment, and systems that support innovation, and virtual programs.
- Collaborates with Curriculum Coordinators to ensure that virtual content and courses are appropriately vetted by subject matter experts.
- Coordinates and supports division programs supported by digital resources such as 1:1 student laptop program.
- Serves as the liaison to internal and external teams and organizations, such as curriculum writing teams and WHRO.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of current research and developments in K-12 virtual learning, innovation, future trends, and digital resources.
- Expertise in designing and leading courses in a virtual environment.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree required. Additional graduate coursework in school law and evaluation of instruction required if not part of Master’s degree. Coursework in Instructional Technology or related area preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in a school-based setting required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of staff including administrators.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Assists with the supervision and evaluation of virtual teachers as assigned.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Supervisor for Instructional Technology.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Duties are normally performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with staff. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.