Program Assistant III- Federal Programs
The Program Assistant provides both secretarial and accounting support in an office environment. The Program Assistant serves as a coordinator in the set up and maintaining of special programs and requests specific to the Office of Instruction for directors, supervisors and coordinators. The Program Assistant serves as personal secretary to administrators in providing assistance in the implementation of the details and duties designed to carryout the goals, objectives, and programs of the building or department assigned. Rather than performing a single specialized task, the daily responsibilities of Program Assistant vary depending on the assigned location, the specific job, and the needs of the supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains complete records of all financial transactions
- Maintains financial filing system and general office paperwork and procedures.
- Establishes and coordinates the efficient operation of several account lines to include local and grant funds and disburses funds in accordance with budget allocations.
- Reconciles accounts and provides reports for the central office.
- Prepares the monthly annual reports and records in compliance with auditor’s regulations.
- Receives and screens visitors, telephone calls and mail; personally responds to inquiries by making decisions which in the employee’s judgment do not require the supervisor’s attention.
- Prepares and replies to correspondence on own initiative or from brief dictated notes in accordance with predetermined policy and practice.
- Prepares necessary informational materials specific to the department for which they are assigned.
- Maintains financial reports and provides information to supervisors as requested.
- Communicates with vendors to secure and maintain supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- General office practice, general accounting procedures, business English, punctuation, general mathematics, spelling, and record keeping methods, practices and procedures
- Departmental regulations and policies
- Follow directions and carry out assignments to completion with minimum instruction while adhering to prescribed routines and practices
- Handle numbers with speed and accuracy
- Use Synergy and Munis competently
- Use computer programs applicable to the position
- Make some independent decisions
- Work well with others
- Resolve problems in accordance with instructions/policies
- Assist and direct students, parents and visitors when necessary
- Communicate in written and oral modes with tact and diplomacy
- Utilize excellent customer service skills
Salary: This a 12 months position with benefits. Starting salary $37,363
Apply To: Click on the link above to apply. All applicants, including those currently employed with Spotsylvania County Public Schools, will need to complete an online application.