Paraeducator (Academic Mentor - Attendance Tracker)
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Sarah Wall, Assistant Principal, at (801) 712-7212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week: 29
|Salary Schedule||Paraeducator (88)|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||October 2020|
Under the direction of the principal and teacher(s), the paraeducator assists teachers in a variety of capacities in the instruction and supervision of students. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Assists in the preparation of instruction materials.
- Assists in the instruction of students and other classroom activities as needed.
- May tutor students individually or in small groups.
- Assist in the administration of a variety of tests and monitors students’ academic progress.
- Keeps accurate data on assigned students or group of students.
- Supports a school environment that helps students develop and maintain a positive self-concept.
- Maintains professional confidentiality regarding student information.
- Maintains effective and positive communication with students, teachers, parents, patrons and administration.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work assigned hours.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent
48 hours of college credit or pass the ParaPro if working in a Title 1 school.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Effective written and oral communication
- Ability to follow directions given.
- Ability to interact positively with students.
- Ability to assist students in a variety of situations as they arise.
Assigned Decision Making
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned by the classroom teacher(s). Must take directions well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions.
Interactions with Others
Positive interaction with students, teachers, social workers, psychologists, support personnel and administrators.
Supervision of students being supported.
Supervision of a student in a service location outside the classroom as needed.
Work setting is mainly in the classroom. May be asked to work inside and outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather. May experience stress from disruptive students and/or groups of students.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand/sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, and or move up to 20lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.