Nutrition Service Worker (Multiple Openings)
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Bobbie Beach, Operations Manager at (385)-646-6887 or email email@example.com.
Hours per week: 0 to 29 hours
|Job Title||Nutrition Service Worker|
|Department||Bates Central Kitchen|
|Supervisor||Food Service Manager|
|Salary Schedule||Classified (84)|
|Last Review Date||July 2016|
Nutrition Service Workers assists in the preparation and service of breakfast, lunch, and dinner programs in schools. Assists with cleanup of service area, lunch tables, and dish washing. Assists manager in use of ovens and warmers to get pre-prepared food ready for service, following package instructions. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Participates in preparing approved menu items according to established food preparation procedures.
- Monitors food preparation and cooking according to established preparation procedures and student needs.
- Monitors food preparation time to ensure food is readily available to be served and replenished, plans for advance preparation.
- Arranges, sets up, and replenishes meal carts, salad bar, coolers, and/or serving areas with appropriate food items, beverages, serving baskets, trays, condiments, supplies, etc.
- Serves menu items on lines and ensures appropriate serving proportions, mandated nutritional requirements and student needs are met.
- May deliver and/or pick up food and beverages to/from classrooms.
- Loads/unloads carts, food warmer trays, etc. packages, and stores food and beverages according to established guidelines.
- Maintains records and reports (e.g., food beverage and condiment usage, leftover counts, number of meals served, temperature checks, etc.)
- Maintains work and serving areas in a clean, neat, orderly, and sanitary condition.
- Washes and sanitizes pans, dishes, silverware, washes, and papers serving baskets.
- Receives counts, and signs for food and supply deliveries, unloads and puts away deliveries in designated areas utilizing temperature requirements and food spoilage guidelines.
- Inventories food, condiments, and supplies; notifies manager of inventory levels.
- May place orders for food and beverage items.
- Conforms to safety standards as prescribed.
- Works different Food Service locations throughout the district as needed.
- Receives money, makes change, and maintains accurate records of money collected from a la carte line
- Participates in required department meetings, trainings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the operation of a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge and use of electrical appliances, hand implements, etc.
- Knowledge and compliance of Health Department regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Basic reading and math skills.
- Knowledge of Health Department regulations.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Recognized Food Handler’s permit or willingness to obtain within 6 months
Required Prior Experience
No experience required
Assigned Decision Making
Must take direction well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, staff, manager, coordinator, administrators, and other district personnel.
Standard commercial kitchen conditions including walk-in freezers and refrigeration rooms. There is daily exposure to heat, cold, and humidity. Steady flow of work required but involuntary interruptions are common. Constant pressure to complete tasks and meet deadlines causes stress.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.