CTE Work Based Learning and Internship Specialist
Job | Posted 17 days ago
CTE Work Based Learning Specialist
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 29 hours a week
Hourly rate: $17.31
- Name: Zachary Nelson
- Phone: (801) 610-8170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange and supervise (e.g. guest speakers, career fairs, job shadows, College & Career Awareness, field trips, volunteer work/service, mentorships, labs/clinicals-Externships, apprenticeships, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring educational quality for Career and Technical Eduction.
- Assists in the facilitation of regional activities (e.g. Annual Health Science Career Event; SheTech, Get the Scoop, Perkins Annual Report, CTSO competitions, Silicon Slopes "Summit", etc.) for the purpose of achieving overall objectives of CTE.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic instructional files and records for the purpose of providing written references and meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitors internship students as they participate in their CTE internship (e.g. make on-site visits, grade lessons on Canvas and Skyward, hold weekly in-person classes with lessons, teach soft-skills, oversee/evaluate student LinkedIn accounts, etc.) for the purpose of identifying issues and taking appropriate action for increasing student success.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars (e.g. quarterly meetings with regional CTE representatives, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform
- Performs a variety of clerical functions (e.g. copying, scheduling, e-mailing, faxing, filing, data entry, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the instructional program.
- Prepares written documents for the purpose of communicating information to other parties.
- Promotes Alpine School District's CTE program (e.g. information tables, presentations, displays, webpage, flyers, QR codes, etc.) for the purpose of increasing interest and participation in Career Technical Education.
- Recruit students who have taken CTE classes in a CTE Pathway for the purpose of advancing their education with hands-on internships in their related field, giving them real world experiences.
- Works with business, industry and other agencies (e.g. make on-site visits, grade lessons on Canvas and Skyward, hold weekly in person classes with lessons, teach soft-skills, etc.) for the purpose of developing and implementing internship programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
High School diploma or equivalent.