Elementary Library Paraeducator
Job | Posted 19 days ago
The library paraeduactor assists the media specialist in implementing the objectives of the media center.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establishes and coordinates the efficient operation of the office
- Prepares and replies to correspondence on own initiative or from brief dictated notes
- Receives and screens visitors, staff members, telephone calls and incoming mail, personally respond to inquires by making decisions which in the employee’s judgment do not require the supervisor’s attention
- Organizes the flow of correspondence and other pertinent data, establishes and maintains a filing system that provides for the efficient operation of the school or department while maintaining confidentiality
- Takes and transcribes dictation of various types; prepares, reproduces, and makes appropriate distribution of all correspondence, including letters, memoranda; reports, recommendations, notices, orders, requests, schedules, etc and any other necessary informational items
- Processes all media
- Assists in scheduling audio-visual equipment.
- Works the circulation desk when needed
- Helps teachers and students in procuring media
- Sends out overdue notices
- Mends and prepares books for bindery
- Trouble shoots and repairs some media equipment
- Assists in inventory
- Discards outdated or un-repairable materials and delete from inventory.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
Salary: This is a 10 month position with benefits. Starting salary $21,436.