Athletic Director Secretary
Secretary to the Director of Athletics & Physical Education
Job Title: Secretary to the Director of Athletics & Physical Education
Credentials: None required for this position.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Training or experience required: 5 years of successful employment as a secretary or administrative assistant with school district experience, preferred. Must have strong computer experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of PowerPoint, Publisher, and other software knowledge desirable.
Site: Curriculum Center
Reports to: Director of Athletics and Physical Education
Contract: 190 days
Salary Schedule: Secretary 2
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Type on a computer from a rough draft. May be required to perform transcription from dictating equipment and may compose letters.
- Compile and assist with preparing, mailing, and distributing memos, correspondence, documents, reports, and communications.
- Prepare agendas and minutes for the Administrator.
- Prepare memos, etc. for workshops, in-service meetings and teacher communication.
- Receive, direct, and perform simple interviews of visitors, handle phone calls, and provide assistance or technical information concerning policies, procedures, and other details.
- Take and deliver messages as needed.
- Organize and maintain various files including confidential and tickler files.
- Perform photocopying as required.
- Schedule meetings and ensure that all information and arrangements are made. May assist with setting up refreshments. May be required to make travel arrangements.
- Input and order supplies as needed. Maintain accurate inventory and handle bookkeeping/purchasing tasks.
- Maintain a neat and organized office space.
- Perform other secretarial duties as assigned such as handling North Reception duties when North Receptionist/Personnel are out of the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Successful performance of the job requires good customer service/people skills and to handle problems and provide information and technical assistance as requested. It requires complying with safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to staff or to students. It requires following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns for staff. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving are critical to the success of the position. Help manage the computerization of school district operations. Provide training and support to district staff in the use of administrative computer systems. Perform such tasks to the ultimate benefit of the educational program. An incumbent in this position will utilize discretion, ingenuity and independent judgment due to the complexity of the job. Since there may be several ways to solve a problem, an incumbent is free to choose the solution. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.