Adult Education Teacher
Job Summary: To provide individualized and specialized instruction and/or training services to incarcerated adult students working towards taking the GED or High School Completion Exam.
- Designs coherent instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, current instructional practices, Adult Education standards, student needs, and curriculum goals;
- Evaluates student progress; provides specific evaluative feedback; maintains appropriate records and reporting documents;
- Selects, evaluates, and refines a variety of teaching methods and instructional strategies for the active engagement of students in learning;
- Works collaboratively with staff, families, and community resources to support the success of a diverse student population;
- Models professional, moral, and ethical standards as well as personal integrity in all interactions;
- Performs related duties as assigned by the corrections institution in accordance with the institution’s policies and practices.
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited college or university, with a minimum of a Bachelors degree.
- Applicant who has had teaching experience must have an acceptable rating for such teaching
Salary: This is a part-time position with an hourly rate based on the pay scale of Spotsylvania County Schools, as the fiscal agent.
How to Apply: All applicants, including those currently employed with Spotsylvania County Public Schools, will need to complete an online application.