Adult Education Teacher
Job Summary: To develop and implement an instructional program that will effectively provide the best possible education for each student. Performs complex professional work, providing teaching and/or training services to students in general instruction or in a specialized subject or assigned group of subjects; motivates students to develop skills in assigned subject matters
- Designs coherent instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, current instructional practices, students, the community, and curriculum goals;
- Evaluates students' progress; provides students with prompt specific evaluative feedback; maintains appropriate records and prepares progress reports;
- Selects, evaluates, and refines a variety of teaching methods and instructional strategies for the active engagement of students and improvement of student learning;
- Implements a classroom management policy that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff;
- Works collaboratively with staff, families, and community resources to support the success of a diverse student population;
- Models professional, moral, and ethical standards as well as personal integrity in all interactions;
- Performs related duties as assigned by the building administrator(s) in accordance with the school/division policies and practices.
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited college or university, with a minimum of a Bachelors degree
- Possess or be eligible to acquire appropriate license(s) and/or endorsement(s) for position as required by the Commonwealth of Virginia and School Board;
- Applicant who has had teaching experience must have an acceptable rating for such teaching
How to Apply: Follow all instructions to complete a Licensed application. All applicants, including those currently employed with Spotsylvania County Public Schools, will need to complete an online application.