SCHOOL ATTENDANCE SECRETARY
MCMINN COUNTY SCHOOLS
Job Title: SCHOOL ATTENDANCE SECRETARY
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Principal, Vice Principal
Date Revised: 05/31/22
Dept./School: As Assigned___________________________________________________
Maintain accurate attendance records for the campus. Under close supervision, perform data entry including attendance and grades.
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
Data Entry Skills and knowledge
Ability to use software to develop or maintain spreadsheets and databases and do word processing
Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
Basic math skills
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
Data entry experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect and enter attendance and data into established database and verify accuracy according to prescribed procedures.
- Maintain student records and process requests for student information and transcripts. Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools.
- Assist parents, students, and faculty with questions regarding student attendance.
- Contact parents/guardians to verify student absences as needed and report attendance problems to designated administrator.
- Compile, maintain, file, and distribute all reports, records, and other documents as required following established procedures.
- Assist in campus office as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
School Secretaries will work either a 200 or a 240-day calendar as determined by school administration. Salary Schedules will be established by the McMinn County Board of Education annually. Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with policies set forth by the McMinn County Board of Education.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.