Fine Arts Financial Secretary
Job Title: Fine Arts Financial Secretary
Credentials: Ability to be bonded and be a notary. Possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
Education: High school diploma and specialized vocational experience in or after high school in computers, bookkeeping and basic office skills.
Training or experience required: Two years of secretarial experience. Minimum of one year with bookkeeping/accounting and computer experience using databases and spreadsheets. Minimum of one year working in a school system is preferred.
Special skills, knowledge and abilities:
Experience and skills in fundraising and development preferred.
Communication Skills (oral, written and business): Basic communication skills to exchange information, give/receive simple instructions and respond to inquiries. Includes filling out forms.
Knowledge of grammatical structure, vocabulary for preparing correspondence from rough draft or proofing of completed material. Communicates on the phone in clear, grammatically correct English.
Data Recording/Record Keeping: Performs data recording/record keeping operations determining what changes need to be made to existing records, including computerized records.
Mathematical Skills: Performs routine computations requiring a knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals and/or percentages.
Reading and Interpreting: Reads and interprets routine written or printed materials such as charts, diagrams, maps or instruction material.
Business Machines (computers, copiers, etc.): Uses business machines that can be easily learned from simple manuals or simple verbal instructions. Such machines include but are not limited to photocopiers, CRT/computers and multi-line telephone consoles. In addition, uses ten key bookkeeping machines and more complicated software programs consisting of Munis, Quicken, Google and Microsoft spreadsheets and documents.
Office Filing and Retrieving: Responsible for establishing and/or maintaining an existing filing system.
Typing Skills: Typing at 40 WPM at 90% accuracy required.
Site: District Fine Arts
Reports to: Director of Fine Arts
Job Goal (Purpose of Position): Performs skilled level secretarial duties under general supervision to assist the Director with all financial information and monies for activity accounts and board allocations for Fine Arts.
An incumbent in this position will follow generally standardized operating policies and procedures. On occasion, will have to interpret policies and procedures.
Contact with Others: An incumbent in this position has regular contact by telephone or in-person with the public to determine actual information needed.
Other Performance Measures: Successful performance of the job requires good customer service/people skills to resolve problems and provide information as requested. It requires following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies and other work habit concerns. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving are important to the success of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handle money from sponsors and make deposits as needed. Pick up receipts and prepare monies for events. Keep sponsors informed of their accounts through monthly reports, or more frequently if needed.
- Reconcile reports and assist in counting cash at the completion of events.
- Maintain accounts payable for general fund accounts, Bond and activity accounts and input proper information into the Munis computer program.
- Prepare requisitions for board allocation. Input information into the system.
- Order supplies from warehouse and distribute.
- File and maintain all records relating to general fund, activity and allocated accounts. Prepare and distribute reports to Fine Arts Director and budget sponsors.
- Organize Fine Arts event workers.
- Order and manage charter buses.
- Manage and monitor the federally funded professional growth system.
- Monitor purchase requisitions.
- Work with Central office and Financial Services personnel concerning general fund and activity accounts as well as other records.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: An incumbent does not supervise.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Conditions: Other than those physical/mental requirements included within the essential functions, incumbent must be able to communicate on the radio and telephone. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract length: 260 days
Work schedule: 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Salary schedule: Secretary 1