Custodian Lead - Sr. High
Job | Posted 15 days ago
Custodial Lead-Sr. High
Lane 12 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $20.73-21.97 Depending on qualifications and experience.
- Name: Steven Gurney
- Phone: 801-610-8165
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Custodian Lead - Sr. High is done for the purpose/s of providing evening custodial services at assigned site; coordinating and communicating with Head Custodian; ensuring an attractive, sanitary, and safe environment for students, staff and visitors; performing a variety of special cleaning operations; overseeing the preparation of facilities for classroom activities and campus events; overseeing and supporting assigned custodians in the performance of their assignments; and ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper, and timely manner.
- Assists with site snow removal for the purpose of ensuring access and safety to students, staff and visitors for night events.
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, grounds, walkways, fence lines, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe, and attractive environment.
- Consults with administrative personnel (e.g. principal, assistant principal, etc.) for the purpose of planning, prioritizing, and scheduling custodial activities and achieving site maintenance objectives.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture, etc.) for the purpose of distributing materials to the appropriate parties within site.
- Distributes custodial supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops, buckets, brooms, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating materials to custodial staff and/or storage locations.
- Informs students and other site personnel (e.g. principals, teachers, secretaries, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding activities, safety issues, and/or proper maintenance of facilities and/or equipment.
- Inspects facilities and components (e.g. fire suppression equipment, boilers, water heaters, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the site is suitable for safe operations, maintained in an attractive and clean condition, and identifying necessary repairs to facilities and/or equipment.
- Lifts up to 80 pounds and may push/pull up to 150 pounds for the purpose of site maintenance, material distribution, and safety.
- Maintains supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, vacuums, mops, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of custodial items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Manages preparation, set-up, and take down of events (e.g. choir concerts, plays, athletic events, community-based events, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring all needed materials/equipment are available and safety protocols are followed in compliance with district standards.
- Monitors activities in and around work areas (e.g. halls, multipurpose rooms, lunch rooms, restrooms, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of identifying and correcting issues that could cause injuries thereby ensuring site safety.
- Oversees facility maintenance activities and assigned custodial personnel (e.g. custodians, sweepers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring functions are performed efficiently in compliance with site requirements and established standards.
- Performs minor job-related maintenance on custodial equipment, classroom furniture, and fixtures (e.g. change vacuum cleaner belts and bags; change HVAC filters; grease machinery; change ballasts; hang whiteboards; install fixtures; perform equipment maintenance and minor repairs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning and usability of items.
- Prepares site for daily operations (e.g. opening gates, raising flags, sweeping walkways, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring facilities are operational and hazard free.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. safety inspections, inventory records, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or relating activities to administration for action.
- Replenishes classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. paper products, soap, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns during and after hours (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Secures facilities and grounds (e.g. doors, gates, alarms, lights, etc.) for the purpose of minimizing property damage/vandalism, equipment loss and/or potential liability.
- Supports other site maintenance staff (e.g. grounds, trades, etc.) for the purpose of completing site custodial activities.
- Trains assigned personnel for the purpose of developing professional trade and safety awareness skills enabling them to execute their jobs according to district policies and expectations.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment, supplies, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, trainings, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.