Job | Posted a month ago
Job Title: CUSTODIAN Exemption Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Custodial Services Supervisor/Principal Date Revised: 03/01/2021
Dept./School: Assigned Campus
Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
- Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat and clean.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
Maintenance and Repair
- Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff. Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to principal.
- Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures and ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Move furniture or equipment within building as directed by principal.
- Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
- Assist with opening and closing building each school day checking to ensure that all exit doors are open, and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy. Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, and climbing. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Custodians will work either a 200 or a 240 day contract as determined by school administration. Salary Schedules will be established by the McMinn County Board of Education annually. Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with policies set forth by the McMinn County Board of Education.