Maintenance - Heavy Equipment Operator
Job | Posted 23 days ago
Heavy Equipment Operator
Lane 14 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $22.98 - $32.26 Depending on experience and qualifications.
Starting date: 11/28/22
- Name: Mike Privett
- Phone: 801-610-8066
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Heavy Equipment Operator is done for the purpose/s of constructing and maintaining landscaped areas, parking lots, building pads and service roads; demolishing existing structures, clearing an area in preparation for additional work; ensuring availability of items to complete projects on time; coordinating work flow and ensuring safety of workers.
- Assists with snow removal for the purpose of ensuring access and safety to students, staff and visitors.
- Cleans landscaped areas and related items (e.g. storm drains, fields, litter, etc.) for the purpose of preventing flooding and removing hazards.
- Coordinates with assigned lead and/or supervisor and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Estimates materials and/or equipment needed to compete work projects for the purpose of obtaining materials and assigning tasks to ensure job completion.
- Excavates a variety of district property (e.g. earth, asphalt, concrete, debris, etc.) for the purpose of installing, repairing, improving and maintaining landscaped areas and fields in a safe and clean condition
- Hauls a variety of items (e.g. trash, debris, aggregates, etc.) for the purpose of removing unwanted items from facilities in compliance with established guidelines.
- Installs surfacing material around playground structures for the purpose of meeting federal safety guidelines.
- Maintains supplies, tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring proper storage of supplies and the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Operates heavy equipment (e.g. fork lifts, back hoe, gang mowers, tractors, dump trucks, street sweeper, Bobcat, boom truck, etc.) for the purpose of constructing and maintaining landscaped areas, fences, parking lots, building pads and service roads.
- Performs a variety of excavating and concrete work (e.g. setting forms, pouring, finishing, etc.) for the purpose of completing assigned work orders.
- Performs layout of job sites as requested by supervisor for the purpose of preparing site for work.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. supply requisitions, safety inspections, work orders, inventory records, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or relating activities to administration for action.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. water lines, sidewalks, etc.) for the purpose of assisting in resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports mowers and other heavy equipment to and from work sites for the purpose of ensuring their availability for use in completing work assignments.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have or in the process of obtaining Class A Commercial Drivers License. Must pass test with in 60 days after start date.