Data Reporting Specialist (Federal Programs) (22/23SY)
Job | Posted 4 days ago
DEFINITION: Under general supervision, effectively supports data management for Federal Programs and 21st CCLC Grants within the Sunnyside Unified School District.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class).
- Responsible for 21st CCLC, Private School and other Federal Programs data reporting and management. Researches and resolves issues with 21st CCLC and Federal Programs Private School data.
- Reviews 21st CCLC, Private School and other Federal Programs Grants student files in an effort to ensure the district remains in compliance with state and federal reporting guidelines.
- Develops and maintains practices and procedures related to the district-wide collection, retrieval and storage of confidential 21st CCLC and Federal Programs Grants student records.
- Works with local LEAs to ensure the Private School Student Master List is accurate in identifying SUSD students who may be eligible for services.
- Assists Federal Programs Director with annual Private School Monitoring (Fiscal & Programmatic).
- Supports Directors and staff in general compliance issues regarding 21st CCLC and Federal Programs Private School data.
- Maintains strict deadlines for researching and validating 21st CCLC and Federal Programs (ex: Private School) Grants records at the request of state and federal agencies
- Trains district staff on policies and procedures regarding maintenance of Federal Programs (ex Private Schools) and 21st CCLC Grants student records.
- Ensures data management systems such as Cayen & PowerSchool are set up for 21st CCLC sites to gather attendance and other important information. Monitors data to check for accuracy and compliance.
- Assists with 21st CCLC and Federal Programs grants audits throughout the year including pulling files from schools and flagging required documents.
- Develops queries, data dashboards and web-based dynamic reports as directed by supervisors.
- Develops routine data exports and queries to assist in data management
- Provides analytics to administrators as requested
- Imports and exports data through existing data systems;
- Summarizes and creates data in various formats such as graphs, visual diagrams, numerical tables, and reports;
- Applies knowledge of subject area to provide baseline interpretation of data
- Enters data by using various software applications;
- Troubleshoots and debugs data entry and software applications;
- Monitors data flow between internal and external systems;
- Provides support for the use of technical software applications;
- Assist with staff development and training;
- Performs related duties as assigned;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
Knowledge of District policies and procedures.
Knowledge of federal and state legislation and regulations regarding 21st CCLC, Federal Programs (ex: Private Schools) and Grant data management.
Demonstrated general proficiency in computer programs, Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc) Cayen, and PowerSchool. Data spreadsheets, Excel, SQL
Skill in collecting and summarizing data.
Skill in preparing and maintaining documents and reports.
Skill in following verbal and written instructions.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Basic reading and math skills.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students and parents. Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
Work is performed in an indoor environment. Work requires frequent sitting, bending, repetitive motion, vision to monitor and lifting up to 20 pounds.
High School Diploma or equivalent, and three (3) years technical or software application experience preferably within a school district. Additional certifications may also be required as specified by the District.
Depending on the needs of the District, some incumbents in this class must be able to demonstrate fluency in both Spanish and English as a condition of employment.
Salary Grade: M Hourly Pay: $20.60 Hours per Day: 8 Days in Contract: 260