SPED Para III Special School - Elementary
Job | Posted 12 days ago
Special Education Para-Educator III
Non-contract, no benefits
Hourly rate: $17.74
Hours per day: 6
- Name: Ryan Hemming
- Phone: 801-610-8189
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of SpEd Para III is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program under the direction of an assigned teacher with specific responsibilities for assisting in the instruction, behavior support, and supervision of special needs students; monitoring student behavior during instructional and non-instructional times; providing information to appropriate school personnel; attending IEP meetings if requested; and skilled intervention implamentation under the direction of the classroom teacher or relatedlservice provider.
- Administers immediate first aid and medical assistance as instructed by a health care professional (e.g. medication, etc.) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Communicates with supervising instructional staff, professional support personnel for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing IEP objectives.
- Implements under the supervision of classroom teacher or other service provider, behavioral plans and skilled interventions designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Monitor students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides under the supervision of assigned teacher and IEP staff, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring student success in school.
- Assists students with self-care activities (e.g. toileting, washing, changing diapers, eating, dressing, grooming, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining students' personal hygiene.
- Lifting must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. for the purpose of helping special education students.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records (e.g. decorating bulletin boards, making art projects, correcting papers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Attends in meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is desired.
- Specific training may be required.