JobID 117 : Substitute Paraprofessional/Instructional Content Tutor (#366875)
200 S. FULTON AVENUE
FORT LUPTON, CO 80621
PHONE (303) 857-3200, FAX 303-857-3219 or EMAIL: email@example.com
Alan J. Kaylor, Superintendent of Schools
SALARY RANGE: Salary range is up to and starting at $11.38 per hour, depending on education and experience.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Please submit an application (available online at www.weld8.org ) along with a letter or email of interest, three letters of reference and a current resume listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Applicant must apply online; supporting materials may be attached to the online application.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Minimum of a two year associates degree or the equivalent of two years of college or have passed the Paraprofessional WorkKeys test required.
- Experience working in school setting preferred.
- English/Spanish bilingual skills preferred.
- Ability to supervise students on the school grounds, in classrooms, in lunchrooms and hallways as assigned by the administration or designee
- Able, under the direction of licensed staff, to tutor students, reinforce learning and supervise students working independently and in groups
- Able to serve as a team player; perform clerical work, assist with communications between home and school and respond to minor emergencies and perform first aid and other health care as necessary
- Such alternatives to the above duties as the administration may find appropriate and acceptable
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position is on-call/as needed on school days, per the Weld County School District Re-8 School Calendar
- All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Education.
- No smoking is allowed in any Weld County School District Re 8 buildings.
- Selected applicant must comply with the District's Drug-Free Workplace policy.
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
An equal opportunity affirmative action employer
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Weld County School District Re-8 does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Weld County School District Re-8: 200 South Fulton Avenue, Fort Lupton, CO 80621, 303.857.3200, firstname.lastname@example.org.