Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor will provide daily maintenance district wide. Will maintain safe and sanitary facilities for students, staff, and the public. Will work to minimize property damage, loss and liability exposure and to ensure that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor with maintenance, repairs and construction activities.
- Available for on-call work.
- Communicates with administrators, personnel and outside organizations for the purpose of coordinating activities, resolving issues and conflicts and exchanging information.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and heights if required.
- Ensures buildings are compliant with school building code, fire code, and law/regulations school buildings are subject to.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of systems.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns.
- Works cooperatively with other maintenance and custodial personnel for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Builds a variety of items for the purpose of modifying and/or adapting facilities to specific needs.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Estimate the cost of materials to ensure the assigned task is completed and efficiently and economically as possible.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at the job site.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Assists building custodians with emergency situations, snow removal, and other situations that arise.
- Knowledge of electrical processes.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, and if needed draw your own blueprints.
- Electrical experience working with variety of voltages (120, 208, 240, 277, 480)
- Good working knowledge of commercial roof rop units (RTU) and air handler units (AHU).
- Electrical experience in both AC and DC voltages.
- CFC certified
- Experience working with variable frequency drives.
- Experience working with commercial HVAC building control systems.
- Experience working with boilers and boiler controls.
- Knowledge of different types of heating systems.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper use of tools and power equipment used int he performance of duties.
- Wears appropriate safety gear, including masks as needed.
- Must comply with school district's chemical hygiene program and follow the GHS protocol.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision using standardized practices and/or methods, completing tasks efficiently and economically, maintaining a good positive work environment while serving a large diverse group of individuals.
Other duties as assigned.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling and a significant amount of fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 45% walking and 45% standing. This job is performed ina generally clean and healthy environment.
High School Diploma or equivalent
21 years of age or older
2 years experience minimum
Full-Time-12 Month Employee
Benefit Eligible at a Classified Rate
Classified Support Salary Schedule: Level M2