ESL Aide for Student Learners - Secondary
Job | Posted a month ago
ESL Aide Level II (Must be highly qualified, paid through Title 1)
Non-contract, no benefits
Hours a day: 6
Hourly rate: $15.50 (Highly qualified paid through Title 1 $16.65)
- Name: Cameron Dickson
- Phone: 801-610-8142
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Teaching Assistant - STUDENTS ESL (Level 2) is done for the purpose/s of , with limited on site supervision of a certified teacher serving as a district program coordinator, identifying and working with adult English Language Learners (ELL) to support English language acquisition on a scheduled basis; administering English language proficiency assessments to measure student progress; and using prescribed teaching strategies and materials acquired in monthly training meetings to prepare individualized lessons and activities for students.
- Administers English proficiency assessments for the purpose of measuring student progress.
- Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments for the purpose of reinforcing learning concepts.
- Implements, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of reinforcing learning concepts.
- Participates in meetings and professional workshops (e.g. teaching strategies, instructional materials, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information to performs the instructional program functions.
- Prepares lessons and materials for the purpose of providing individualized instruction for assigned students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have Associates degree or 60 quarter/48 semester hours or have passed the para pro praxis test.