GENERAL MAINTENANCE II (LaBelle)
TITLE: GENERAL MAINTENANCE II
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to read, write, and follow instructions in the English language.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform semi-skilled and/or skilled repairs of school district
facilities/property and grounds maintenance.
4. Valid Florida Drivers License, and within one (1) obtain a CDL Class A or B drivers license.
5. Ability to read and interpret blue prints and schematics.
6. Ability to return to work for unscheduled hours in an emergency and/or work overtime
7. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Ability to assist and/or deliver basic work related instruction to entry or basic skill level
10. Such alternatives to the above minimum qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Designated Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To perform maintenance and repair services in a safe and effective manner.
1. Performs maintenance and repairs.
2. Participates in maintaining safe and clean workplace.
3. Responsible all tools, equipment, etc. personally assigned.
4. Completes reports and paperwork as required.
5. Performs routine duties involving the maintenance and repair of tools and equipment.
6. Complies with applicable safety procedures and codes.
7. Participates in all safety training and related training activities as directed.
8. Serves on 24 hour emergency duty call as assigned.
9. Assists and/or delivers basic work related instruction to entry or basic skill level employees.
10. Operates School District owned vehicle as necessary.
11. Participates in overtime duties as assigned.
12. Assists Master Maintenance and Foreman in preparing job cost and estimates.
Performs related work as required. (NOTE: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them.)
1. Position requires exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
2. Lift, climb, bend, and kneel in order to complete assigned tasks.
3. Tolerate working at heights off a ladder or scaffold.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work year and salary as established through the collective bargaining process.
Performance of this job will be assessed annually by Area Foreman or his Supervisor.