Crossing Guard (Part-time position)
TITLE: Crossing Guard for Littleton Elementary School.
SALARY RANGE: $13.38 - $24.70 Hourly
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Part Time Position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist students to cross traffic thoroughfares, and provide all possible safety measures against traffic dangers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Assists students to safely cross intersections and thoroughfares at established crosswalks and in accordance with District safety standards.
- Places and removes "school zone" signs in roadway.
- Provides for the safe movement of children to and from school by observing gaps in the traffic
and leading the children across the intersection; warns children of danger as necessary.
- Holds a "stop" sign in such a manner as to be visible to approaching vehicles.
- Monitors students and enforces District policies and rules of conduct; reports behavior issues and
other concerns to supervisor or Principal.
- Reports motorists who violate school zone traffic laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.