Technology Application Support Specialist
Salary Range: $62,528 - $80,207
Under the direction of the Technology Network Manager, the Application Support Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the school district’s effective and efficient use of computer software technology through the implementation and review of new and current systems. Application Support Specialists will be responsible for evaluating, installing, documenting, troubleshooting, configuring, testing, and reviewing software systems used in the education environment.
Essential Functions/Typical Tasks:
Performs the installation, configuration, patching, and maintenance of software solutions
- Preparation and maintenance of datasets necessary for applications
- Writes technical routines for the implementation and use of software systems
- Maintenance of internally developed software solutions
- Researches and evaluates software solutions for use in a K-12 environment
- Setup and maintenance of SSO authentication with third-party vendors
- Develops and maintains scripts in modern scripting languages for automating tasks
- Works collaboratively to troubleshoot and develop solutions for software issues
- Coordinates technical resources in an effort to respond to client/application issues
- Identifies opportunities to improve/redesign existing software workflows
- Develops user documentation as necessary
- Provides advanced support and training for both technical and non-technical staff
Performs other related tasks as assigned. Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Thorough knowledge of computer operating systems and software applications
Knowledge of software application requirements in order to determine compatibility
Thorough understanding of Google Admin Console and Microsoft AD, SQL, and SCCM
Demonstrated understanding of modern programming languages
Understanding of modern networking topologies and concepts
Demonstrated ability to interact with vendors and the K-12 community
A strong technical aptitude with the ability to logically troubleshoot and solve complex problems
Self-motivated and possess a flexible, creative mind
Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage time
Effective verbal and written communication and customer service skills
Detailed-oriented, ability to document work tasks
Valid Driver’s License
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects; work requires crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and minimum of 5 years hands-on experience managing/maintaining applications in a complex environment that includes local and web-based applications. Security + certification required.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copier and telephone.
Special Requirements (Travel)
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
FLSA Status: Exempt
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or national origin.