Assistant Softball Coach
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Assitant Softball Coach
Non-contract, no benefits
Paid by Stipend
Starting date: Season begins Feb. 27, 2023
- Name: Rhett Palfreyman
- Phone: 801-610-8170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are desired to have experience and knowledge in coaching at the high school, all-star, and/or college levels.
The mission of the program is to generate school spirit and promote sportsmanship at school athletic and other events. A balanced emphasis is placed on success in competition.
This coaching position does not require a teaching certificate.
An assistant coach must support the head coach in the following:
- Coordinate team selection/tryouts
- Coordinate and run safe and effective practices, caring for the needs of the athletes
- Selects and prepares the competition team for local and national competitions
- Work, communicate, collaborate effectively with the athletes, staff, parents, administration and support staff in support of the school’s vision for the team
- Maintain a positive image for the school, community and team
- Engage in school and community events
- Support and motivate student athletes to do their best in academic studies.
- Develop sport-specific skills in athletes
- Provide individual instruction/guidance for student athletes in a constructive manner
- Adhere to state and NFHS safety guidelines, rules and regulations of the sport/activity
- Manage, plan and budget resources in conformity to Alpine School District regulations, policy and procedures (PACE)
- Manage, plan and provide fundraising opportunities for the team and individual costs associated with volleyball team (PACE)
- Oversee local and extended/out of state trips and events that are beneficial to the team and the school
- Maintains team equipment, orders uniforms and gear
- Participates in the hiring and instructing of assistant coaches