Secretary / Receptionist
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Reports To: Principal
FLSA Status: Nonexempt (200 days)
Summary: To assure smooth and efficient operation of the school with respect to all duties which may be assigned by the principal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.1. Records absences, late arrivals, prepares, and sends notices to parents/guardians concerning absences
2. Receives visitors, ascertains purpose of visit, and refers to appropriate person/area
3. Maintains an accurate log of visitors’ calls
4. Receives and disseminates all incoming calls
5. Records and distributes messages
6. Arranges appointments and answers inquiries
7. Greets visitors, determines nature of business, and directs visitors to destination
8. Maintains calendars of school events
9. Performs typing duties necessary for the efficient operation of the school
10. Operates standard office machines and equipment incidental to clerical and typing assignments
11. Receives and sorts mail and deliveries
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. At least a high school diploma
2. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
3. A working knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
4. The ability to establish and maintain working relations with all school employees and the general public
5. The ability to meet the public in an efficient and cordial manner
6. Prior secretarial experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENTTen month employment. Salary to be determined by the School Board.
Performance of the position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Prince Edward County School Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.