SUBSTITUTE NURSE/ OR NURSE/AIDE
Job | Posted 10 days ago
MCMINN COUNTY SCHOOLS_____________________________
Job Title: SUBSTITUTE NURSE/AIDE Exemption Status: Nonexempt
Reports to: Principal, Teacher(s) Date Revised: 07/2020
Dept./School: As assigned
RATE OF PAY: $15.00 per hour
RATE OF PAY: $15.00 per hour
Special education aides/nurses in the McMinn County School System will be required to perform the following duties under the direction of the special education or consulting teacher. Administrative supervision is via the school principal in coordination with the Special Education Supervisor.
In performing the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Special Education Aide/Nurse, confidentiality must always be maintained.
Substitute Nurses shall have a minimum of a high school education or the equivalent as determined by the General Education Development Test (GED). All aides serving as nurses are required to be “Highly Qualified” by meeting one of the following options:
- LPN (with an active license in the state of Tennessee) * or
- RN Degree (with an active license in the state of Tennessee) *
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for carrying out nursing and other health related services, activities and tasks in compliance with school district policies, nursing standards of practice and Board of Nursing Rules and Regulations and physician’s orders.
- Evaluate the physical conditions of students and refer students to appropriate resources as needed.
- Have considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.
- Have a working knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Provide first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Take specific directions and maintain a positive attitude.
- Follow direction with initiative, flexibility and motivation.
- Obtain other certifications and training as required by State Department of Education or the McMinn County School System.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date documentation of all services provided to students.
- Any other duties as assigned by teacher, principal, or supervisor or the McMinn County Board of Education.
- Conduct small group instruction as indicated from the IEP and under the direction of the special education teacher.
- Display knowledge of content area provided by special education and general education teachers.
- Conduct inclusion services as indicated from the IEP, consulting teacher, special education and general education classroom teacher.
- Maintain and follow through with discipline procedures according to individual teacher’s plans and child’s IEP.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer; standard instructional equipment; other specialized and adaptive equipment used by students
Posture: Frequent standing; kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking and reaching
Lifting: Frequent light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); Occasional heavy lifting (45 pounds or over) and positioning or students with physical disabilities, controlling behavior through physical restraint, assisting non-ambulatory students, and lifting and moving adaptive and other classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise; exposure to biological hazards (bacteria, communicable diseases)
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Received by Date