Skyline High School Stage Crew - Student
Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Geoff Murdock, Assistant Principal, at (385)-646-6806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours per week: 40
|Job Title||Stage Crew - Student|
|Salary Schedule||Hourly Classified|
|Contract Length||Hourly Only|
|Last Review Date||April 2021|
Assists in various auditorium/stage productions. Maintains general auditorium area, dressing rooms areas, and stage equipment. Assist in design and construction of sets and props for various auditorium/stage events. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Assists in various auditorium/stage productions.
- Assists in design, layout, and operation of lights during productions.
- Assists in design, set up, and operation of sound equipment during productions.
- Maintains general auditorium area, dressing room areas, and stage equipment including lights, sound equipment, sets, and props.
- Assists in design and construction of sets and props for various auditorium/stage events.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Education and Qualifications
Regular school attendance
Required Prior Experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Skilled in problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Knowledge of light and sound equipment operation.
Must solve last minute problems related to productions
Interactions with Others
Must interact professionally with crew, performers, and the public.
Working in the school auditorium. Most work done backstage. Exposure to dust and noise. Some stress in meeting performance deadlines.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 lbs.