Please note that this posting closes at 3:00 pm on the date listed above.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Rex , director, at (385)-646-4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Title||Custodial Rover - Elementary|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Last Review Date||June 2020|
The Custodial Rover covers for an elementary head custodian. They take over the regular duties and responsibilities of the head custodian. Attendance, physical presence, and timeliness are required and are essential functions of this position.
- Assists with routine maintenance of school and district buildings.
- Checks and secures building at the beginning and end of shift for the purpose of ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the building.
- Trains and monitors contract and hourly employees.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, cafeterias, restrooms, offices, stairways, and other areas of the building according to district standards.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors, sills, touchpoints.
- Maintain, clean, and sanitize restrooms.
- May fill soap, paper towel, toilet paper, and other dispensers.
- Mop or runs auto scrubber.
- Extracts/bonnets carpets.
- Assist with floor refinishing.
- Clean up body fluids following bloodborne pathogen procedures.
- Orders and keeps inventory of cleaning and paper supplies.
- Responsible to the principal/director for all employees and custodial material budgets.
- Removes garbage.
- Maintains grounds which includes mowing and edging lawns, removing snow, ice, debris, weeding, raking, watering, sweeping, etc.
- May remove graffiti and repair other acts of vandalism.
- Cleans up garbage, repairs furniture, lockers, doors, and small equipment.
- Performs minor repairs as able to windows, doors, switches desk, tables, equipment and appliances, sinks, toilets, blinds, etc.
- May assemble new equipment and furniture.
- Prepare and set up rooms for meetings and activities and cleans up afterwards.
- Helps maintain and operate mechanical systems.
- May be CPR and First Aid trained to respond to emergencies.
- Assist in restricting access by locking and unlocking doors.
- Involved with security of building after hours.
- Turns on/off security and locks/unlocks the building.
- Performs duties in a manner to maintain an 80% or higher VEKTR inspection.
- Other duties as assigned*
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must be skilled and organized in training, organizing and monitor supervised workers.
- Needs to know how to operate and maintain basic cleaning equipment, including but not limited to buffers, extractors, and auto scrubber.
- Skilled in the use of general maintenance hand tools, small and large power tools.
- Must be knowledgeable about ventilating and heating systems.
- May perform minor adjustments to equipment.
- Must understand basic use of cleaning solvents and their proper application.
- Must be familiar with bloodborne pathogens and cleaning procedures.
- General knowledge of sprinkling systems.
- Understanding of emergency procedures such as: shelter in place and lockdown protocols, fire and earthquake drills, building and grounds lay out for emergency shut offs and vandalism.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written requests from supervisor.
- Basic reading and math skills.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Required Prior Experience
Six months of custodial experience is required.
Assigned Decision Making
Makes decisions concerning the best way to accomplish tasks assigned. Needs to be able to motivate people to work cooperatively and efficiently as a team. Must be able to handle emergencies as they arise. Must take direction well and be able to work within specific guidelines. Makes suggestions but must be willing to follow directions.
Interactions with Others
Interacts positively with students, teachers, principals, custodians, and other district personnel. May also interact appropriately with parents, counselors, and police agencies.
Supervise and provide assistance to contract and hourly custodial employees.
Works inside and outside the building to accomplish assigned tasks. Working conditions can be in hot and cold weather. Hazards may exist when using power equipment, ladders, scaffolds mopping, using buffers on wet floors and when working with chemicals. Frequent interruptions with daily work may occur. Respond, when called, to after hour emergencies. May experience stress from disruptive students and/or groups of students. Must receive proper training when working with cleaning chemicals and must be handled properly.
Physical Requirements – Not limited to the following:
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to speak and/or hear. Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
Note: The list of essential and marginal functions and of physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented in accordance with the requirements of the job.