Psychologist - USD
Psychologist ~ Uintah School District
(Full-Time, Contract Position with Benefits)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
JOB SUMMARY: The Psychologist is directly responsible for the psychological assessment and interpretation of results of academic, social, emotional, and behavioral domains utilizing problem-solving and standardized evaluations. The Psychologist monitors the completion of case study evaluations and participates in Individual Education Plan (IEP) conferences and problem-solving meetings designing systems, programs and services that maximize students’ social, emotional, and educational success. In collaboration with staff, families, students, and communities the school psychologist promotes effective educational environments.
The Psychologist will:
- Evaluate students referred as potential candidates for the Special Education program;
- Reports to local education authority regarding students that have been evaluated;
- Assist in behavior interventions for all students in need, regardless of special education status;
- Assist with Functional Behavior Analysis, writing and implementing behavior intervention plans
- Master’s Degree in School Psychology or equivalent;
- Completed graduate hours in school psychology or related area in addition to an internship;
- Completed supervised internship with school age persons;
- Meet competency requirements as set forth in Utah Special Education Rules;
- Preference will be given to a candidate that has completed one year of successful experience as a school psychologist with direction from a full approved school psychologist.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following:
- A completed application;
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address your skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and
- Copies of transcripts;
- Evidence of certification with appropriate licensure;
- A short cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications/experience for this position.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
SALARY: As Per District Salary Schedule