Seven Habits Teacher
Job | Posted 15 days ago
Lead Teacher/Department Head
Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - Concurrent EnrollmentThe Utah County Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is a public early college high school located in Provo, Utah. UCAS students are working to accelerate their education in science, technology, engineering, or math.
UCAS Job Description
UCAS Job Description
Reports To: Principal
Job Goal: To help students excel in their knowledge of Personal Leadership and Seven Habits. To work collaboratively with other leadership instructors to further develop the course curriculum. To create a classroom atmosphere which encourages creative thinking, promotes excellent knowledge acquisition, and fosters a love of learning. Provide a safe, stimulating environment, and develop a strong sense of ethics with the high school students. The ideal candidate will be motivational and empowering to students as they prepare skills for the post high school world.
Minimum Qualifications: Current Utah State Secondary Education certificate. Masters’ Degree Preferred. Certification in Covey’s 7 Habits preferred. Applicants must model honesty, integrity, and exemplary character. Applicants must work well with high school age students.
Education and/or Experience: Experience in education preferred.
Position Information: Remainder of school 2021-2022 school year. UCAS participates in the Utah Retirement System, provides sick leave and personal leave to all teachers. Health benefits are available for full time teachers.
Salary: Varies with experience and education. See Board Approved Salary Schedule posted on the Utah County Academy of Sciences website: ucas-edu.net
Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
?Curriculum and Instruction:
1. Teach the UVU curriculum in addition to curriculum items appropriate to this age and group of students which will help prepare them for life.
2. Help students master concepts to represent and advocate for themselves.
3. Maintain a plan book of lesson plans and outlines as well as a detailed course scope and sequence. Provide lesson plans for a substitute to be used in the event of illness or emergency.
4. Be responsible for planning and implementing an instructional program which utilizes multiple teaching methods to reach the individual needs, interests, abilities and maturity levels of the students.
5. Be available to help students outside of class time such as before school, after school, or during lunch.
6. Work closely with administration and counselors to ensure the successful graduation of senior students.
1. Attend faculty meetings and professional development meetings.
2. Act as a contributing staff member to foster a positive, cooperative educational environment.
1. Evaluate and provide individual student progress information on regular basis. Maintain required records. Provide accurate sensitive feedback to student assignments.
2. Establish and enforce a reasonable classroom discipline plan. Be responsible for the supervision of students at all times.
3. Maintain the appropriate relationship between teacher and students at all times.