Benefits Specialist/HR Support
Job | Posted 10 days ago
PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FARMVILLE, VIRGINIA 23901
Title: Benefits Specialist/HR Support
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Summary: The Benefits Specialist/HR Support is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers benefit plans and policies such as health insurance, Section 125 Plans, retirement, life insurance, and other programs
- Works with the payroll clerk to ensure the coordination of monthly benefits
- Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government mandated disclosures
- Coordinates the annual open enrollment process
- Ensures termination from benefits occurs in a timely manner and appropriate COBRA paperwork is issued
- Performs quality checks of benefits related data
- Works with payroll clerk to review payroll invoices and help resolve disputes
- Provides support to the Office of Human Resources with onboarding orientation and any other tasks as needed
- Maintains accurate records and filing systems for accountability and audit purposes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field (preferred)
- Experience with benefits software system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Associate Degree (preferred)
- A valid Virginia driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone. Seeing to read, prepare and review various materials. Sitting for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Terms of Employment
Twelve-month employment (244 days). Salary based on the Classified Salary Schedule.
Performance of the position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Prince Edward County School Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.