Federal Programs Assistant
PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
FARMVILLE, VIRGINIA 23901
Title: Federal Programs Assistant
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
FLSA Status: Nonexempt (Classified position -12 months-full-time)
Summary: Performs a variety of general office and clerical duties pertaining to Federal Programs as assigned by the Coordinator of Federal Programs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively monitor grant funds through an internal spreadsheet and state money management system (OMEGA)
- Maintains accurate records of purchase orders faxed, received and paid
- Processes reimbursements through OMEGA
- Updates and maintains user permissions in OMEGA
- Provides assistance to auditors as required
- Assists in yearly closing and monthly balance of grant accounts
- Maintains time and effort records of grant funded positions
- Facilitates delivery and inventory of Title I materials and supplies
- Prepares and collects Title I Parent Compacts
- Assists with scheduling Title I events
- Attends and compiles minutes from Title I Parent Advisory Council meetings
- Collects and copies timesheets for After-school and Summer School Programs
- Assists the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction as needed
- Orders materials supplies for Professional Development events, office, and private school
- Assists with planning, organization, and facilitation of Pre-K registration
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (Preferred)
1. Holds an Associate Degree or above including three years of secretarial experience
- Has knowledge of personal computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Uses effective oral and written communication
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills
- Possesses the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and the community
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite. Works well independently and in a team setting. Exceptional listening, verbal, and written communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Great attention to detail. Works well in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Twelve-month employment. Salary to be determined by the School Board.
Performance of the position will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions of the Prince Edward County School Board’s policy on evaluation of classified personnel.
Approved by Superintendent: May 8, 2017