FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Revision Date: 5/9/2022
Location: Central Office
This position is responsible for data entry and data processing in the Human Resources Department. Works closely with the Payroll Office on employee payroll deductions. Maintains a high level of confidentiality and privacy in dealing with personnel records and related benefits information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and maintains records/electronic data files relating to employee insurance; audits and reconciles insurance billings to the HR/Finance system.
- Answers questions and assists employees with the benefits enrollment/selection process. Provides information to employees regarding insurance benefits and retirement.
- Reconciles employee insurance deductions against provider bill monthly.
- Provide retirement application materials or other benefits information as requested.
- Processes and reviews enrollment applications, maintains and updates benefits records, processes enrollment, cancellations and payroll deductions for employee benefits.
- Processes all open enrollment paperwork, verifies changes have been properly documented, and forwards information to benefit providers and Payroll Office within deadlines.
- Enters and verifies benefits data in Cardinal system.
- Processes COBRA information for former employees and related family members.
- Assists with data entry of new hires into the shared HR/Finance system.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited community college with coursework in Human Resources, Finance or related field. Some experience in Human Resources/Benefits or Payroll. Database management experience preferred. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Director of Employment.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Busy office environment with frequent interruptions. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into computer system; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without visual aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.