ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR BUSINESS AND FINANCE
TITLE: ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR BUSINESS AND FINANCE, HUMAN RESOURCES
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Proficiency with all applicable office equipment.
3. Five to ten years experience in field.
4. Prior supervisory experience.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Business & Finance
I. Assistant Supervisor will be specialized in and have a thorough knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Supervises a program of accounting adequate to record in detail all money and credit transactions.
- Pays out district monies on written order of designated officials of the Board.
- Prepares detailed accounts of monies received and disbursed at least once a month at regular meetings of the Board and at such times as the Board may request.
- Performs such other tasks as may from time to time be assigned.
- Prepares and submits a monthly report on the district’s financial status.
- Works closely and cooperatively with state and independent auditors in ensuring sound fiscal controls.
- Assists school personnel in managing the financial affairs of their respective schools.
- Assists the supervisor and assistant supervisor in the development of the district school budget and long-range planning.
- Supervises accounting operations in the absence of the other business officials.
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements. Maintains balance sheet, revenues, and appropriations ledgers on an encumbrance basis.
- Check vouchers authorizing expenditures of money.
- Assist key administrators in preparing and reviewing budgets.
- Prepares analysis of budget requests.
- Coordinates, processes, and transfers budgeted funds when requested or necessary.
- Assists in supervising all financial accounting controls of the encumbrance accounting system.
- Supervises the control of the budget.
- Reports to the proper officials the amount for which warrants have been drawn the preceding month, the accounts against which the warrants have been drawn, and the balance of each account.
- Prepares, enters, and records all disbursements of District funds.
- Provides advance warning of potential over-expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Supervises accounts payable processes and procedures.
- Verifies personally all bank accounts monthly.
- Deposits all miscellaneous revenues collected.
- Makes reports that are a result of the accounting function.
- Reports to the immediate supervisor on the accounting affairs of the district and recommends changes and improvements as needed.
- Summarizes and balances entries recorded in individual journals and ledgers, and transfers data to general ledgers.
- Tracks errors and records adjustments to correct charges or credits posted to incorrect accounts.
CONTINUED: ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR BUSINESS AND FINANCE, HUMAN RESOURCES
- Responsible for all monies invested by the district with the State Board of Administration for all wire transfers between the State Board of Administration and local financial institutions and the proper accounting thereof.
- Responsible for the proration of interest earnings to all funds participating in the investment pool.
- Maintains cordial relationships to ensure that expenditures are made for the service for which they were appropriated or that variances in the program were approved by those responsible to the public for the appropriation of public funds.
- Directs and Coordinates planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Districts comprehensive human resources management and development system. This system should include but not limited to the following services: recruitment, employment, reappointment, assignment, performance evaluation, contracts, employee records management, compensation and retirement system, and supervises all HR Office employees.
- Directs and coordinates the district personnel performance evaluation system.
- Coordinates in accordance with the district requirements program in various retirement systems.
- Preparation of Board List items, Family Medical Leave Forms, Job and Payment Employee Lines, Supplements.
- Supervises the preparation of all required personnel reports and maintains all appropriate records.
- Responsible for the district’s employee benefit program.
- Will become familiar with the assigned financial reports of the department.
- Supervises the performance of day to day office routines and practices associated with a productive and smoothly run office.
- Supervises all HR Office employee duties i.e. Verification of Employment, Fingerprinting, Frontline, Accident Reports, ID Badges, PCD Lists, Check Log, Purchase Orders, Substitute List, Teacher Supply Assistant, Track, Tuition Reimbursements, Unemployment and Workman’s Compensation, Timekeeper, Budgets, Certification, Extra Duty Compensation Forms, Non-Instructional EOY, Wellness Program.
- All other such job-related duties as shall be assigned by the immediate Supervisor or Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve months.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with State Statutes.