Part-Time Media Specialist - Ashley Elementary (Temporary Position)
POSITION: PART-TIME MEDIA SPECIALIST ~ ASHLEY ELEMENTARY
TEMPORARY POSITION – THIS SCHOOL YEAR ONLY
(Up to 20 hours per week, Voucher Position, No Benefits)
APPLICANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
JOB SUMMARY: Plans and establishes media program, goals, and outcomes in accordance with building curriculum and district and state guidelines. Coordinates activities to ensure smooth operation of the library.
DISTRICT EXPECTATIONS FOR MEDIA SPECIALIST:
• Evaluates, selects, and orders learning resources;
• Keeps track of where books are located and maintains a computer database;
• Maintain master card file for books and audio visual equipment;
• Does cataloging of all instructional resources;
• Assist teachers with selection of books and other instructional materials;
• Supervise the operational routines of the media center;
• Must relate well with students and staff;
• Other duties as assigned;
• Conduct media classes for students each week;
• Set up auditorium for assemblies (sound system, lights, etc.).
• High School Diploma;
• Computer knowledge;
• Must hold Associate’s degree OR have 48 semester hours of college credit OR must have passed or be willing to pass the ParaPro test immediately upon hire.
Your application will be complete when you provide the following with your online application:
• Copies of college transcript(s) if available;
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address candidate’s skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members.
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
SALARY: As Per District Salary Schedule