Job | Posted 2 days ago
Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $34.59 - $54.78 Professional Salary F-H (Based on Education and Experience)
Starting date: November 1, 2022
Required Documents to be submitted
- Online Application
- Current Resume
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Copy of transcipts, licenses or certifications
- Name: Scott Johnson
- Phone: 801-610-8060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job of Construction Coordinator is done for the purpose/s of inspecting work performed by maintenance personnel and outside contractors to assure compliance with applicable building codes, plans, and specifications. Assists the Director of Physical Facilities in planning and organizing the work for maintenance projects.
- Assists Construction Supervisor and Director of Physical Facilities (e.g. in planning and organizing the work for maintenance projects, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that projects are completed in a timely manner and within specifications.
- Develops plans for long term maintenance and new construction projects from annual surveys for the purpose of ensuring that district objectives are achieved within timeframes and budget in compliance with established requirements.
- Inspects all aspects of construction by maintenance personnel and outside contractors (e.g. exterior, interior, walls, electrical, roof, concrete, paint, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with Uniform Building, Plumbing, Mechanical and National Electrical Codes,and with plans and specifications.
- Monitors project activities (e.g. roofing, remodeling and new construction projects, budgets, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that district objectives are achieved within budget and timeframes and in compliance with established requirements.
- Oversees a variety of activities (e.g. roofing, portable classroom moving, budgets, etc.) for the purpose of organizing assignments, monitoring progress, and ensuring completion within budget.
- Participates in meetings (e.g. with architects, contractors, vendors and district personnel, State Fire Marshall, city officials, school and district administrators and maintenance personnel, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating activities, resolving issues and conflicts, conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. cost estimates for construction projects, job cost estimates, construction schedules, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that district objectives are achieved within budget and timeframes and in compliance with established requirements.
- Recommends policies, procedures and/or actions on issues that relate to construction or remodeling projects (e.g. budget allocations, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction for making decisions within the district construction program.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns.
- Responds to inquiries (e.g. administrative staff, local inspectors, contractors, architects, the public, etc.) for the purpose of providing required information and/or referring to appropriate source.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records (e.g. architectural publications, material samples, district directives, job related communications, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned (e.g. roofing repairs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- May be required to obtain ICC Certification.
- May be required to obtain Fire Inspection Certification
- Bachelors Degreee prefered or other targeted job related education
- 5-10 years of job related work experience
- Preferered computer skills in microsoft office, adobe, blue beam, auto cad, etc.
- age 16+
- High school diploma or equivalent.