Job | Posted 2 days ago
Lane 16 Contract and Benefits
Hours a day: 8
Hourly rate: $25.31-35.54 Depending on experience and qualifications.
- Name: Kraig Brinkerhoff
- Phone: 801-610-8545
- Email: email@example.com
The job of Paralegal/Executive Secretary is done for the purpose/s of acting as a liaison between the district, board, and outside entities; assisting with the district’s policy review and drafting; assisting with legal research; supporting the coordination and facilitation of investigations; and personnel matters.
- Acts as a liaison between school district, parents and/or community, employees, and law firm for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, and enhancing communication.
- Composes written communication containing confidential and sensitive information for the purpose of providing written documentation and ensuring timely completion within District guidelines.
- Maintains a variety of confidential and nonconfidential, manual, and electronic documents, files, and records (e.g. settlement agreements, public records requests, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established guidelines and legal requirements.
- Prepares a wide variety of complex documents and other written materials, including confidential documents, (e.g. , memos, correspondence, pleadings, draft amendments to district policy, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, meeting compliance requirements, providing audit references, and/or providing supporting materials for requested actions.
- Prepares for and attends meetings (e.g. board meetings, investigation employee due process, work accommodation meetings, mediations, hearings, arbitrations, etc.) for the purpose of gathering information and maintaining official records that may be relevant and safeguarding confidential information.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, forms, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Provides clerical support as assigned (e.g. copying, filing, scanning, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient daily operation of Department.
- Researches applicable state and federal employment, labor and compliance laws and requirements for the purpose of ensuring knowledge of accurate and updated information, and answering questions as needed.
- Reviews a variety of information (e.g. contracts, resolutions, policies, other legal documents, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Targeted, job related education with study in job-related area.